Tennis ElbowTennis elbow is not always caused by playing tennis! Any repetitive action using the same muscles can inflame the tendon near your elbow.
Simple steps you can take to help:
- Make sure your desk-based assessment is up to date for your current situation. If you have pain you may need to change the way you are sitting or working at your desk space.
- Make sure the tabs on the back of your keyboard are down so it is as flat as possible.
- Try using a wrist rest with your keyboard.
- Try using a different type of mouse (such as an upright or penguin mouse).
- Try using some ice for no more than 15 minutes, making sure you place a towel or piece of fabric between the ice and your skin.
- Change your position regularly. You should move away from your desk every 20 minutes.
- Strengthening your wrist and the muscles that attach onto the side of your elbow is the most effective treatment, but this takes time. These strengthening exercises may be painful, and you will need to speak to a medical professional about pain medication. Please try this simple strength exercise below.
ErgonomicFix has carried out extensive ergonomic assessments for a multitude of job roles from cleaners to company executives and has a proven track record
Customers have compared us to competitors and expressed how thorough our reports are in comparison. As well as providing a comprehensive work space assessment we are also able to provide a basic self assessment tool. This can be bulk bought by larger companies and will allow employees to generate a basic individual work space set up.
Contact us to find out more about the services we offer
Read what our customers say
ErgonomicFix has been able to provide full and comprehensive workstation assessments for staff at the Duchy of Cornwall. Although covering the standard issues, they offered a more personal service by advising our employees with their specific problems with a range of solutions to aid and recovery and improvement. The reports are clear, easy to follow with their recommendations and sourced products to improve each individual work station.