Knee PainKnee pain can be aggravated when sitting at a desk. If your chair is too low, then your knees will be bent more and this could cause pain. Wearing heels or not having your foot fully supported on the floor can also cause knee pain when desk sitting.
Simple steps you can take to help with knee pain:
- Make sure your desk-based assessment is up to date for your current situation. If you have pain you may need to change the way you are sitting or working at your desk space.
- Raise your chair slightly.
- If your chair can tilt the base of the seat (the bit you are sitting on) forwards, then opening your hips to between an 8* and 11* angle will also mean your knees are not quite so flexed in sitting and this can reduce pain.
- Make sure your feet are fully supported on the floor and if you wear heels to work, take these off at your desk so your foot is fully supported on the floor.
- Try using some ice for no more than 15 minutes, making sure you place a towel or piece of fabric between the ice and your skin.
- Try these simple exercises below.
ErgonomicFix has carried out extensive ergonomic assessments for a multitude of job roles from cleaners to company executives and has a proven track record
Customers have compared us to competitors and expressed how thorough our reports are in comparison. As well as providing a comprehensive work space assessment we are also able to provide a basic self assessment tool. This can be bulk bought by larger companies and will allow employees to generate a basic individual work space set up.
Contact us to find out more about the services we offer
Read what our customers say
ErgonomicFix has been able to provide full and comprehensive workstation assessments for staff at the Duchy of Cornwall. Although covering the standard issues, they offered a more personal service by advising our employees with their specific problems with a range of solutions to aid and recovery and improvement. The reports are clear, easy to follow with their recommendations and sourced products to improve each individual work station.