Back PainBack pain is one of the most common reasons for people to be off sick or to see a Doctor. For most people changing their posture or simple home treatments is enough that within a few weeks their pain will resolve.
Simple steps you can take to help with back pain:
- Make sure your desk-based assessment is up to date for your current situation. If you have pain you may need to change the way you are sitting or working at your desk space.
- Try using some heat or ice on the problematic area for no more than 15 minutes and making sure you are not putting either directly onto the skin but over your t-shirt in order to avoid burning yourself.
- Change your position regularly and try and move between sitting and standing whilst your working. Ideally you should never sit for more than 20 minutes without moving.
- Make sure you back is fully supported by the back of the chair.
- Try these simple exercises below.
ErgonomicFix has carried out extensive ergonomic assessments for a multitude of job roles from cleaners to company executives and has a proven track record
Customers have compared us to competitors and expressed how thorough our reports are in comparison. As well as providing a comprehensive work space assessment we are also able to provide a basic self assessment tool. This can be bulk bought by larger companies and will allow employees to generate a basic individual work space set up.
Contact us to find out more about the services we offer
Read what our customers say
ErgonomicFix has been able to provide full and comprehensive workstation assessments for staff at the Duchy of Cornwall. Although covering the standard issues, they offered a more personal service by advising our employees with their specific problems with a range of solutions to aid and recovery and improvement. The reports are clear, easy to follow with their recommendations and sourced products to improve each individual work station.